Tuesday 28 May 2013

Reflection on Google practical project

On the beginning of the semester we were assigned to do training session for our class mate in order to use Google helpful tools in our daily life as student and in our work life. After the training was done we assigned to do a Google site to insert how we used Google tools and how it is helping us as students.

After I used some of Google tool which I liked I will talk to you about how I used each tools:

starting with the blogs as a part of our project is to have a blog so I made a knew blog which I named it salma rashid1990 and I was putting my post in it from pictures, videos and essay and it was easy to use.

Moving to the next tool that I used Google calendar. I used this tool and I liked it because I was putting my projects deadline and my exams date so actually it was beneficial to me.

In Google searching I learned many things which helped me through searching.I learned to shortcuts about how to search for example, I can only type population and choose any country then i will get the result, or I can type Define then the word I will get the definition. These are new thing that I didn't know about it before.

I went form Hotmail to G-mail as I find out that it has a lot of features and it is easier to use. one thing that I did was to change the theme which it one of the features the G-mail have.

Google site is one of the tools that we have to do for our project. When I started to do my own site I recognized that it is easy and any one can do their own Google sites. I started creating new pages and uploading pictures that I needed. Also, I can choose from the different themes that are available there.

Google Picasa was one of the tools that I benefited from as I don't know how to use photo shop this site helped me to play around with picture as we are required to do some posters.

Google chrome became my internet browser instead of internet explorer. I find out that this is better and faster and easier to use.

In Google docs I was sharing my documents with my friends as it help us as a group as we can share our work together.

Google maps is a useful website that we can look for any direction of any place that we want with the time that will need to arrive to the place that we want.Plus, I can see pictures of many places then to choose from it where to go. This is a useful website for our normal life.

Google reader was a new tool that i knew about it. I can subscribe all my favorite website in one place then I can read it later at any time I want.

In social bookmarking website I can look up for articles, books and movies save them then I can share it in twitter or Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment